The Ultimate Electronic Performance Support System
Our modelling approach links the four dimensions of People, Process, Technology and Policy (strategy), and creates a 9 way many-to-many reference model. Using ‘capture once; use many’-based advanced process modelling software, wasteful and risky single-use tools such as MS-Visio, Word and Excel are avoided. Delivery is fast and productive, there’s a single source of the truth, and knowledge is captured and reused.
At the push of a button, this reference model is published as an HTML website. Users can click-through to browse and understand its elements and relationships, supporting;
- the project phase – virtual teams can review and participate in the project,
- the ‘business as usual’ phase – training, procedures and work instructions, FAQs, compliance / risk / quality management, to name a few, are all supported.
More about the provision of this system can be found under our service offering ‘Performance Support‘
The ‘People’ Dimension
The ‘People’ dimension – linking the ‘Position’ (organisation chart), ‘Roles’ (doing tasks), and ‘Name’ (individuals);
- New Starters induction,
- Skills matrix management,
- Induction & training programs definition,
- Succession management,
- System access requirement management.
The ‘Process’ Dimension
The ‘Process’ dimension – linking the ‘Business Process’, the ‘Organisation Chart’, and the ‘Management Model’;
- A process hierarchy,
- Detailed process metrics (work and cycle times, unit costs, FTE requirements),
- Clarity on responsibilities by function or role,
- Organisation chart linked to business processes,
- Content to support Job Descriptions,
- Detailed procedures / work instructions (including KPIs),
- Links to forms and multi-media help resources,
- Management, Risk, & Compliance models, ie different frameworks referencing the same underlying information.
The ‘Technology’ Dimension
The ‘Technology’ dimension – linking the ‘Application Systems’, the ‘Data & Information’, and the ‘Service Points’;
- Systems prevalence assessments,
- System support points, per process, per Role,
- Systems inter-dependencies,
- System change impact analyses.
The Bottom Line?
Practical Knowledge Management can be effectively maintained via the ultimate Electronic Performance Support System. Provide your employees with fingertip electronic access to all the relevant information and resources about their process, at the specific point in the process that they are working with at that moment, to support employee performance;
- Intuitive, fast and accurate user access,
- Single version of the truth,
- Electronic versions of Policies, Processes, Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and Templates, Reference guides, all interlinked and located in one place,
- Ease of maintenance.