Plant Maintenance – Newcrest Mining
Plant maintenance analysis – Multiple operations improvement projects within the surface plant maintenance / asset management function of the ore processing facilities of this large gold / copper mining organisation;
- Activity analysis (Time and motion) for changeovers and outages involving gyro crushers, multi-deck screens, centrifugal slurry pumps, gravity separation cyclones, flotation cells, ceramic and rubber-lined pipework,
- Validate the actual sequence of activities undertaken to complete the planned and unplanned maintenance, as guided by Standard Work Instructions and Work packs,
- Undertake representative Activity Observations and develop work time standards per activity, to validate those currently being used in project planning,
- Provide a new base planning timeline against which future project plans may be established,
- Identify any operational improvements which could reduce any lost time, or enhance the current process.